Friday

My Interesting Idea!

So many companies have an employee of the month, yes? Awards like these can be very uplifting, but they are limited by the communication between stores and businesses. If Jane makes employee of the month at store #187543539 in Tuscon, AZ, no one knows in New York, NY at store #785987.

I would like to change that--let's get recognition out there, if only to just give that person one more thing to put on his'er resume. Anybody up for it?

What I have in mind is that you, as the boss or co-worker of the employee, send in an essay (it doesn't have to be perfect) glorifying this person. I will sort through the entries and then post however many I feel like at the time (or I suppose I could set an amount) for the general public to vote on. The winner gets the title "employee of the month" for--you guessed it--a month and his'er own page on the official Behind the Counter website! Once the month is over with, that lucky person will still have his'er name on the site, but I'll have to figure out whether I'll be able to keep a full page for that person, have to have a small overview or will just have to have that person's name and place of employment as a part of a list. Details still need to be worked out, however, the idea remains the same; accomplishments at work very often go unnoticed. Help me to correct this problem!

Disclaimer: If you get fired or have any reprocussions regarding your winning of or participation in said contest, I am not to be held responsible. It's not my fault your place of emplyment is nuts. Thank you, come again!

Next week: Funny stories? Asking out your cashier? Mishaps? CS-related news around the world?? Who knows! Tune in to find out the answer to this burning question!!

No comments: